-Estimated trophy difficulty: 1/ 10 (If following a guide no skill is required)
-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 4-8 hours (Speedrun = under 3 hours).
-Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 1
-Number of missable trophies: 8 (all non-story trophies)
-Glitched trophies: Unknown
-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: Unknown
The Three Trials
Complete Part One: The Three Trials.
Complete Part Two: The Journey.
Under Monkey Island
Complete Part Three: Under Monkey Island.
Guybrush Kicks Butt
Complete Last Part: Guybrush Kicks Butt.
Old School (Missable)
Switch to classic mode at least once.
The easiest trophy to unlock!!! Simply press SELECT and your game will switch to the graphics from the original game.
Don’t use any hints to finish the game.
Do not hold down the button at all during the game.
(Update: If you find yourself in need of a hint you can save and then press for the hint. Then reload the save prior to the hint and you will be able to continue on with the trophy unaffected. MAKE SURE YOU RELOAD YOUR PREVIOUS SAVE!) – Terminator
Ten Minutes Later… (Missable)
Have Guybrush drown.
After stealing the idol from the mansion you will be thrown off the dock and into the water. Instead of immediately leaving the water… wait. Guybrush can hold his breath for 10 minutes to the second!
Sharp Tongue (Missable)
Learn all of the insults from the pirates.
Learn the insults from the pirates walking around the overhead island map screen. Wait on the path until they walk over Guybrush. (This only requires the 16 insults not the comebacks, but you will need the comebacks in order to continue on).
Follow the link below for the insult list…
>>> Sword Fighting Insult List <<<
Collect all of the notes and memos on Monkey Island™.
You need to find all of the following:
– River Fork: pick up rock and note next to the bridge.
– Cross the bridge and click “footholds”. (Note on ground by art).
– Continue to the top of the cliff. (There will be a new note by the “art”).
– Left Beach: Laying on the sand next to the water.
– Skinny Beach leading to small island: Message in a bottle.
– Pond: Laying on the ground next to a book.
– North Beach: After rowing to the other side of the island.
– In the Cannibal prison hut.
Escape Artist (Missable)
Escape from the Monkey Island™ Cannibals’ hut 5 times.
After picking up the fruit from the bowl in the village you attempt to exit and get caught. Pick up the skull and move the wooden floor plank. Exit, and then repeat 4 more times.
Marooned Everyone (Missable)
Use one save slot to play both endings.
To get this one:
– Save to your single manual save file prior to sinking the ship.
– Push the large rock from the cliff and sink your ship. (Aim the “art” toward the camera first).
– Finish your game without saving (The Hermann Toothrot Ending) (autosave will keep track of your progress from here out no manual saving)
– Reload the original save file. (The file that you manually saved prior to sinking the ship).
– DO NOT sink the ship the second time but instead tell Toothrot to “Leave me alone” during your conversation with him and he will stop coming around. If you accidentally miss it you will have a few times to tell him to leave, but I would recommend doing it the first time it is available.
-Finish the game again. (The Pirate Crew Ending)
You are creating a checkpoint save before using the art on Monkey Island so that you can reload that point to get the second escape sequence for a slightly different ending. Make sure you only have 1 single manual save in order for this to work.
>>>IMPORTANT<<< I would recommend not saving over your checkpoint file until you get the Marooned Trophy just in case you have an issue. You can always go back to the checkpoint file to replay the last levels if you run into an issue. The autosave will keep track of your progress for you if a break is needed before finishing the game while going for either of the endings.
(Edit: Text was changed to add some more clarity)
Human Cannonball (Missable)
Finish the entire game in under 3 hours.
Hold to skip long sections of dialogue or cut-scenes and follow the walkthrough linked below step by step